Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 3 Activity 1

In New Zealand, we have many unusual animals. One of the most unusual is the kiwi bird - a bird that does not have wings and can not fly. Pretty strange, eh?! J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, has recently written a new book about strange or unusual animals called ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’
For this activity, please watch this cool book trailer. Year 7 and Year 8 students in South Auckland, New Zealand helped to make it. Once you have watched the video, use your imagination and create your very own beast. What does your beast look, smell, feel, and sound like?
My Beast is a Lionkey. A lion that is a Monkey. A Monkey head and a body like a Lion. My Lionkey smells like bananas. My Lionkey feels like a fury prey that is hungry. My Lionkey sounds like a Monkey saying roar.
My Lionkey eats rice for Christmas and for New year he eats Bananas.

2 comments:

  1. Bula vinaka Solomone,

    I like how you've combined two different animals to create your fantastic beast. Is there a reason you chose these particular two? Does your beast have any special powers like the creatures off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them? I like how you've included what he eats on Christmas and New Years as well - I was surprised to learn that a beast that is half lion wouldn't eat some kind of meat for Christmas dinner!

    Well done on completing another activity Solomone - keep them coming! :)

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mikey,
    I chose these two animals because they are clever and strong. Monkey is very clever and Lions the king of the Jungle are strong.So my beast is the master key to all the power.

    ReplyDelete