Pages

Monday, December 24, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 1 Activity 2 Week 2


My thing to do is swimming in the rain. I want to swim because I want to see the sea life underwater.
Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge [4 points]

Every year approximately 7500 people arrive in Taupo, New Zealand to compete in a one-day cycling race around Lake Taupo. The race route is 160 km in length. Participants can choose to compete in the full race or the half-race (80 km). Let’s imagine that you were given a free ticket to compete in the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge next year and you were able to bring three people with you as your ‘support crew.’ Who would you bring with you?
If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui, as one of my supporters because he’s really funny and energetic. I think that he would make sure that I had a great time and that I spent the entire day laughing and smiling. I would also choose my sister, Leigh, because she is very strong and fast. Thirdly, I would choose my co-leader, Hazel, because she is very organised and would make sure that we followed the trail and didn’t get lost!
On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.
The three people I would have chosen was my friends from school. Charis, Iverson and Josaia. I chose Charis because we always chat to each other on chats. I chose Iverson because he was my first friend and we became friends in kindergarten. I chose Josaia because he always plays with me, Iverson and Charis.
Activity
Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. FALSE
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. FALSE
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish. FALSE
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc) TRUE

Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’ FALSE

8 comments:

  1. Hi there Solomone, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. I think I was commenting on your blogs last summer. Perhaps you remember!

    Anyway, it's fantastic to see that you are still working hard and completing activities this summer. I am sure you are a star at school!

    Thanks for sharing your three chosen people who would support you on your 160km cycling race. Wow that's long!

    It sounds like you have some pretty awesome, caring friends. How do you think these mates my help you? What sort of things would you want them to say to you? What sort of things would you want them to give to you on race day?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billy,
    Thanks again. I think my three best friends help me and support me to get to the finish line. I just want their presents on that day and give me word of encouragement and handed me water from the sideline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Solomone,

      Great ideas! What sort of presents would you hope for? It would be nice getting some new sport shoes to wear. I'd like to have my friends dotted along the course handing me water. I think just seeing their faces would motivate you to go hard!

      Billy

      Delete
    2. Hi Billy,
      The presents I would give them is thanks and only one of there things that they want.
      Thank you Billy.

      Delete
  3. Hi Solomone,
    Like to see you are keeping up with your blogging. If you could choose one person who would it be out of those three? If you won what would you do to celebrate? Besides that you are doing a marvelous job!

    Best Wishes
    From your friend
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chirstopher,
      The person I would chose out of all of them is Iverson because he was my first best frined. If I won I would celebrate invite the people that lost to make them feel better and we would have Pizza, Drinks, fish n chips and a pool party.
      Thank you Chirstopher for commenting.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kia ora Solomone,

    Swimming is a great summer activity! It's one of my favourite things to do too, especially on these hot days we've been having. Swimming in the rain can be fun too - it usually makes the water warmer, have you noticed that?

    Where's your favourite place to swim? Mine's Long Beach in the Bay of Islands (where I grew up).

    It's great to see that you've given the 'true or false' activity a go. You might just want to go back and double check you answers. The '60 Fun Fish Facts' web page is where you'll find the correct information.

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete