Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 5 Activity 3

Activity 3: Going, going….gone [10 points]

Over the years, scientists have made some surprising discoveries. One of these discoveries is that we have entire cities (e.g. Jakarta, Indonesia and Venice, Italy) that are slowly sinking into the ocean. Scientists believe that one day, the cities will disappear completely under the water. Yikes!
Some of the residents (people living in the cities) have taken pictures of their neighborhoods and written stories about their lives in order to make a record of what ‘life was like’ in their city before it disappeared.
Let’s imagine that New Zealand was going to sink to the bottom of the ocean next week (Eek!). Before it sinks you are asked to write a blog post telling people what life was like in New Zealand in 2018.

New Zealand was a great place people had peace and we got to have lollies here. I wish that we got to move somewhere else but it's too late there are no planes in New Zealand anymore they all escaped. New Zealand is the place that has Tane Mahuta and we will all miss Tane Mahuta. New Zealand was all I needed. In the North Island Auckland was the best. New Zealand was the best because here we have peace no guns and that's it. I had joy here and hope New Zealand still exists and that everybody will remember New Zealand.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Solomone

    Lee just showed me you blog posts and I am blows away. I really enjoyed reading you post for ‘Going, going...gone’. If i were to find this letter after New Zealand had disappeared it would make me miss it. It would make me sad - which is a good thing because it means your writing is very emotive (makes me understand how you feel).

    I can’t wait to have a read of more of your blog posts.

    Have a happy holidays!
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Izzy,

    Thanks, Have a wonderful holiday and Chirstmas.

    ReplyDelete