Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Summer Learning Journey week 1 Day 2 Activity 1

New Zealand has a really special environment. Many of the plants and trees found in New Zealand are not found anywhere else in the world. These plants and trees are endemic to our country.  In New Zealand, one of the largest and longest living endemic trees is the NZ Kauri tree. Kauri are mainly found in three regions of New Zealand: the Coromandel, Auckland and Northland. The largest Kauri tree in the country is in the Waipoua Forest in Northland. It is called Tāne Mahuta. Some people refer to it as the ‘Lord of the Forest.’
Thousands of people go to visit Tāne Mahuta every year. Would you like to be one of those people who got to see Tāne Mahuta in real life? Why or why not?
I would like to be one of the people to visit Tane Mahuta because he is the Lord of the forest and he made trees so that we can have oxygen. This is how we got oxygen from the trees. The trees need water and cartoon dioxide. So I would like to visit him and say thank you.
Information

10 comments:

  1. Hi Solomone,
    I like the way how you explained why you would like to go visit the Tane Tree which they call the Lord of the forest. I like how you connected it with how the trees give us Oxygen.

    Great Work
    Jerome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and have a wonderful chirstmas.
    Solomone Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Solomone,
    Like to see you keeping up with your blogging. I really like the way you said that Tane Mahuta is the lord of the forest. How did he make trees? Besides that you are doing a marvelous job.

    Best Wishes
    From
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and have a wonderful Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Hi Solomone,

    I like the way you are showing information you have learned in Room 5. It would help your audience if you explained where you got your facts from.

    Remember where you got your information about Tane Mahuta. Rewind your learning and then explain to your readers.

    Maybe more detail in your answers to show what you really know.

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Mrs M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Mrs Middleton and thanks have a wonderful Chirstmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Solomone,
    Its nice to see you blogging. I really like the way you said that the Tane Mahuta tree is the Lord of the Forest and then you connected it with how trees give us Oxygen. Just make sure you re-read your writing before you blog because you miss spelt "trees".
    Other than that you are doing Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Laki,
    Thank you for the advice. I will try and re-read my work.
    Solomone

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kia ora Solomone,

    Me again. :)

    Well done on completing another activity - keep them coming!

    I really like your reason for wanting to visit Tāne Mahuta. I'm part Māori and I think our belief of how the world came to be is really beautiful. I'm sure Tāne Mahuta would really appreciate your visit. :)

    I haven't seen him myself but I am from Northland so I can personally vouch for how wonderful it is up there. There's loads of incredible natural sights to see. I definitely recommend a visit to the Bay of Islands, if you haven't already been. That's where I grew up. :)

    Blog ya later Solomone!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Milkey,

    Thank youvery much and I wish I was up there.

    ReplyDelete