Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 2 Activity 2

One of the most common plants found in New Zealand forests is the fern. It is a special, iconic symbol of New Zealand. You will find pictures of ferns on the jerseys of many famous sporting teams in New Zealand, including the New Zealand All Blacks.
Did you know that many of these teams also have the word ‘fern’ in their name? Use your best researching skills to find three New Zealand sporting teams who use the word ‘fern’ in their title.
The 3 sports team I came up with was:
1. The Silver Ferns
2. Black Ferns
3. Kiwi Ferns
Here is the picture for the silver ferns.











Here is the picture for the black ferns


















here is the picture for the kiwi ferns.



















The uniform I love best is the Kiwi Ferns. I like the kiwi ferns because it looks nice and it even has the New Zealand flag that's why I  like it best.

4 comments:

  1. Hello again,

    Well done on taking the time to research some of our top sports teams. I like the images you've chosen to accompany each team - they show off the uniforms really well. It's interesting that the Kiwi Ferns are the only team with the New Zealand (NZ) flag on there uniform. I would have thought that all NZ teams would have it. I like the Silver Ferns uniform the best. It reminds me of the uniform I wear when I play netball. Do you play any sports?

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Milkey,
    Thank you and the sport I play is Basketball and soccer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Solomone,

      Playing those sports must keep you fit and healthy! :) Do you play for your school teams? What positions do you play?

      Bye for now,

      Mikey :)

      Delete
    2. Kia Ora Mikey,
      Yeah they do but I don't play at school only with my friends at the park. I don't know but we just play.

      Delete