Pages

Friday, December 21, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week 1 Day 5 Activity 2

While it can get quite cold in New Zealand, it rarely drops below freezing (00C). Most of the time the temperature in New Zealand is pretty mild. This is not the case in the tundra. The tundra is an area of land (biome) that is cold, dry and completely treeless. Did you know that the average temperature in the tundra is -280C?
Over the past few years, however, the temperature in the tundra has been rising and the weather has been changing. Let’s imagine that your teacher decides to take you on a class trip to the tundra before the weather changes too much and you aren’t able to go.
On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.
Dear Mum,
We have been stuck on Trunda our plane is getting fixed but while that we are exploring and there are new animals one that is half Monkey and half LIon. We discovered that there are new foods to one of them called ocean Kari. I am cold because the weather here is really windy. I am going to get sick well lucky we have a tent. Mum I think I might not make it back to New Zealand. It is really hot now because I just woke up and it's morning. I'm hungry well lucky again I have chicken in my bag. Opps I ate it in the plane I am going to check on the plane. Yay! It's fixed Mum I'm on my way back to New Zealand. YAY! Were here now I'm on my back to school then home are you ok with that?

3 comments:

  1. Hi again Solomone, thanks again for completing another activity and to such a high standard. You managed to include so much information in your letter. You discussed the food, the wildlife, the weather, the situation with the plane and more. I am sure your mother would be happy to know that the plane is fixed and you are on your way home.

    Do you think you would be good at surviving in the wild if you ever found yourself in a situation like this? What things would you need to do? What would you build? How would you hunt?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billy, thank you for your comment, I think I would be survive in the wild life. I need to seek for help first. I will build a shelter for me and make a spear with the wood to go and hunt for a food for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Solomone,

      That's awesome. I'd love to test myself out in the wild but also have an escape route if things didn't go so well. It would be a real testing time. I wish I was better at fishing and building traps to catch rabbits, pigs and chickens. It might make a cool virtual reality video game.

      Billy

      Delete