Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 4 Activity 1-3

DAY 4: Spectacular, Spectacular


Activity 1: Planes, Trains and Automobiles [4 points]
Arguably, one of the most dramatic and spectacular (beautiful) places to visit in New Zealand is Milford Sound. It has been referred to as the ‘eighth wonder of the world.’ It is a beautiful fiord (steep valley) that was formed when big pieces of ice (glaciers) melted. The melted glaciers created a beautiful river that is surrounded by dramatic cliffs and snow-capped mountains. People who visit Milford Sound are able to take a boat cruise through the middle of the fiord, walk around the area on the Milford Track or fly above the fiord as part of a private helicopter tour.
Let’s imagine that you had the chance to visit Milford Sound by boat, foot (walking) or air (helicopter). Which option would you prefer?
On your blog tell us which of the three options you would take to explore Milford Sound. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen this option.
I chose the cruise ship because I want to have a fancy meal and to look at the view of the place were going past. I chose this option because when you climb you might fall to death and when you are in a helicopter you might crash down then be stuck in the helicopter so it might explode or drown you down. I chose the cruise ship because when the boa starts to sink you will take a another boat on the ship or swim to the nearest country ro Island.
Activity 2: It’s All in the Name [4 points]
Rotorua is one of New Zealand’s most popular tourist destinations. It is a city filled with incredible forests, mountain biking tracks, lakes, and geothermal wonders, including hot springs (geysers) and mud pools. One of the most famous geothermal pools is called the Devil’s Bath at Wai-o-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. It is a neon green pool of stinky water.
Over the years, people have suggested that we come up with a new name for the pool. What do you think we should call it? Take a minute to let your creative juices flow.
On your blog, give us a list of three to five options for the name of this geothermal pool. Put a star (*) beside the name that you like the most.
The name that is should be called is the bath of nature because the water is green and some things in nature are green.

Activity 3: Picture Perfect [10 points]
While New Zealand is home to some beautiful waterfalls, there are a number of stunning waterfalls in places like Canada and South Africa. In Canada, the largest waterfall is called Niagara Falls. It sits on the border between Canada and the United States of America. Thousands of tourists flock (go) to Niagara Falls every year to see the falls and to have their picture taken in front of this natural wonder. Over the past few years people have started taking ‘selfies’ and posting them online. Do you ever take selfies?
For this activity, choose one of the following three selfies. From left to right: Selfie #1, Selfie #2, Selfie #3







On your blog, write a short story about what you think is happening in the picture. Be sure to tell us where you think the people are and what you think they were doing at the time that they stopped to pose for the selfie. To earn full points, the story must be 8 – 10 sentences long.
I think that the lady is taking a picture in Italy and I think that the time there is 3:30. I think that she was there taking a picture of the place where she lives so that she could know where she belongs when she moves to a country. The Time she taking it at 12:30, 2:30, 2:00 and I think 11:00 too. I think she is in France, Russia and Asia because I kind of looks like. I think that The girl might fall because shes standing on a edge of an biulding.

7 comments:

  1. Hello again Solomone, congratulations on completing so many activities this summer. I hope you keep it up all throughout January.

    I think I would have to agree with you and take the boat to explore Milford Sound as well. It sounds like it would be the safest option. I'd enjoy a nice meal as well. I'd also relax and sunbathe.

    Where would you want to take the boat afterwards? If you could go anywhere in the world to explore.

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Billy,
    Thank you I really apperciate it. I would take the boat to Waiheke because we went there for just 3 days.
    Thank you for commenting, Solomone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey again Solomone, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

      That's awesome. Waiheke is such a nice place. Did you stay at a bach there or were you camping? What did you think of Waiheke? What did you like about it?

      I'd love to go back there!

      Billy.

      Delete
    2. Hey Billy,
      We were camping there I thought that Waiheke was cool but it also was raining.

      I'd want to go back there to.

      Delete
  3. Hi Solomone,
    Like to see you're keeping up with your blogging. Also your doing a marvelous job.

    I really like the way you named the pool bath of nature. Would you want to be in that city? If you do then why? Besides that you're doing a marvelous job!

    Best Wishes
    From your Friend
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chirstopher,
      Thank you and I want it to be in the city so that people can see the bath of nature* and I would like to put it there so that it can become a famouse pool bath.

      Delete
  4. Bula vinaka Solomone,

    I really like the name you've come up with for the Devil's Bath. 'The Bath of Nature' just makes sense! :) Can you think of another two to add to your post? If you go back and read the activity, it asks for 3-5 suggestions.

    I thought she was in Italy too! The buildings in the background look very similar to photos I've seen of small Italian villages. The reason you've come up with for why she's taken the photo is really lovely. :) I have lots of photos of my home town so I can understand wanting to capture those kinds of photos.

    Have you been to any of the places you've talked about?

    Bye for now,

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete